Role: Senior Head Coach
Contract: August to May (part time role, 6-10hrs per week)
Salary: Remuneration to be discussed at interview
Description of Role (not exhaustive):
• Planning & organisation of the season, including training sessions, pre-season and development friendlies, considering the U21s & Colts fixtures into the senior schedule for ‘Transition Opportunities’
• Facilitate training on Tuesday & Thursday evenings (7:30pm to 9pm) and attend match days,
• Complete GMS match cards & phone in results
• Lead team selection for the 1XV & 2XV teams, as well as liaising with the Owls Manager on Vets selection
• Liaise with Membership Secretary to ensure players are registered on GMS
• Ensure training is inclusive for all players with a ‘One Club’ focus
• Oversee the Player Pathway to develop & transition young players from Colts/U21s through to Adult Rugby
• Liaise with Colts Coaches to manage individualised transition plans
• Take lead on player recruitment strategies
• Attend Rugby Committee Meetings
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and committed individual, who enjoys challenges, a desire to improve and a passion for personal development.
The successful applicant must demonstrate/evidence a player centred and games based approach to coaching.
Level 2 qualified with Headcase Concussion Certificate and RFU Coaching License as a minimum, and have exceptional experience of coaching Youth & Senior players.
RFU Level 3 qualified and/or experience of Coach Mentoring.
We would also consider a ‘Player Coach’ if playing position is in the front row.
Please send Coaching CV and a concise Coaching Philosophy (in words or pictures/video) to Director of Rugby, Merlin Gape O’Donnell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closes 23rd April 2019
Updated 11:21 - 8 Apr 2019 by Merlin O'Donnell