If you haven't heard, a new Chairman is required to be voted in at the next AGM.
What does the role entail I hear you all ask!....
- To ensure an efficient and well run club.
Useful skills and experience:
- Knowledge of cricket clubs
- A background in leadership and management would be desirable
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to deal efficiently with problems and issues that may arise
- Needs to be approachable and contactable
- Excellent communicator
- Reliable and committed
- Open to new ideas
- Supportive to other volunteers
Support / Training:
- Support from the club, county board.
- Lead the club to meet their vision
- To chair meetings of the Cricket club and to co-ordinate all club activities
- To motivate others in a co-ordinated and progressive way
- To represent the club on formal occasions and to external bodies i.e. County Board, ECB etc
Benefits of volunteering:
- A brilliant CV booster – working with the England and Wales Cricket Board
- Satisfaction from doing something to make a difference within your local community
- Development of your interests to become a profession.
- Physical and social benefits – a chance to get out, have fun and meet some new people – enjoying the traditional social life that cricket clubs generate
- Supporting your local community – putting something back into your community, personal satisfaction knowing you have helped others.
If you would like further information or wish to apply for this opportunity please contact Richard Hopcraft.