We always welcome both new members and players at the club...
Club Memberships can be purchased from as little as £25 per year for a Social Membership.
Becoming a member of the club is not only a great way to support the club, but also provides you with additional benefits, which can be viewed further down this page...
Joining as a Player
In order to play rugby at Withycombe RFC you must be both a member and on the playing register (Except for U6 Team).
Membership is a prerequisite for playing and training at WRFC.
As well as giving you access to the club’s excellent medical support, membership also covers a diverse range of costs associated with the provision of rugby, including:
- Pitchside First Aid on match days
- Referee fees
- Pitch & groundskeeping fees
- Training Equipment
- Weekly physio clinic for Players over 13
- After match meals
- Maintenance of the Clubhouse and the associated utility bills
- RFU insurance
Registration is an entirely separate process to club membership, and is a record kept of the RFU of which players can play for which clubs.
You can be a member of as many clubs as you like, but you can only be registered to one club at a time.
To play rugby for Withycombe you must be registered as a Withycombe player.
Types of Membership
There are five categories of membership…
- Senior Player Membership – For regular players of any of the senior teams, who are aged 18 or above.
- Colts Membership – For 1 regular player of the Colts team – this does not include parent membership
- Junior Family Membership – For up to 2 parents, 1 regular player of any of the junior teams and siblings. Additional playing child is an option where more than 1 child from a family is a regular player of any of the junior teams.
- Vice Presidents (VP) Membership – This category of membership is aimed at stalwarts of the club. Members who have served WRFC well in the past, perhaps as a player or sponsor, and who wish to continue to support the Club and enjoy the continued benefits as a member. The list of VP’s represents many decades of WRFC history and long may it continue. We also have the additional option for a Vice President couple – each person receives the benefits of this category.
- Social Membership – Social membership is aimed at WRFC supporters who want to be a part of the Club, but do not play in matches or have children who play in the junior teams.
The table below outlines our membership costs for the 2019/20 Season…
|Category || Annual Fee|
|Social Membership || £25|
|Senior Players (Men & Ladies) || £90|
|Colts || £50|
|Junior Family (Up to 2x Parents & 1x Playing Child) || £90|
|Additional Junior Player || £30 Per Child|
|Vice President (V.P) || £120|
|Dual V.P || £160|
All Members will also receive:
- Use of club facilities
- Invitation to Club events (Additional fees may apply)
- The option to apply for International Rugby tickets
- 10% Off drinks at the bar on presentation of your new membership card
For further information contact John Drew, our Membership Secretary on 01395 227616 or 07748 808518 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
How to join us...
The quickest and easiest way to join is to purchase your membership online through the website which can be found HERE
An easy-to-use how-to guide on the new membership system is available to download from the documents section at the bottom of this page.
Please Note: Existing Members will need their GMS Username to log on. This can be found at the bottom of your renewal email that you will have received from us at the end of June.
Any questions or problems at all, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can download a paper copy of the Membership From from the documents at the bottom of the page or pick one up from behind the bar and pay at the till.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at Raleigh Park soon!