Firstly I hope you are all enjoying the longer days and the spring temperatures at the start of the week. It was great to see training resume this week and players of all ages getting back on the pitch. Realistically, I think we all know this season is now more or less over, but we can start planning and looking forward to the summer period, pre-season and new season in September. Like most Club members I’ve spoken to over the past few months, I’m sure we all are looking forward to getting back to normality and playing, watching and socialising at the Club and, if things go to plan, we have a healthy number of private functions already booked and I’m sure we will fit in a number of club events over the summer period.
Myself and the committee have worked hard to continue to develop our revenue streams over the past few months:
• We now have a second mast in place which is specifically for the emergency services
frequency utilising the “Tetra” network and replaces the mast previously located on
Woodford police station.
• We agreed a short term deal for Hills Toyota/Lexus group to store cars at the club up to
31st August, therefore utilising an otherwise empty area during lockdown, while
continuing to have enough space for Haven House. This will significantly limit parking
at the club from now until September so apologises in advance for this short term
• We continue to utilise the kitchen space with our ongoing partnership with Paul
Ambrose and “Krapow”.
• We welcome back on 19th April Helen Jackson and “Adventure Babies” into the
As we look ahead and continue to invest back into the club we have a number of projects planned/underway:
• Ongoing grounds and tree management program.
• Nesta Road fence and gate replacement.
• Far car park surface improvements.
• Gents toilet refurbishment.
• Full spring renovation program to both pitches.
• Top pitch floodlight replacement (match standard) – subject to membership approval.
Lastly I would like to thank all members for their ongoing support and look forward to the 12th April when we can reopen the bar outside and beyond.
Thank you to everyone for your ongoing support.