Yapham Cricket Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well being of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should show respect at all times, and are encouraged to be open and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with any of the coaches or Club officers.
As members of Yapham Cricket Club all Junior players are expected to abide by the general rules of the club and the following Code of Conduct for Cricketers.
1. All members must play cricket within the laws and in the spirit of the game.
2. All members must respect colleagues, opponents and officials. Do not make derogatory comments or gestures about your colleagues or opponents. Never try to intimidate the opposition by threats or excessive triumphalism.
3. Be polite to umpires and respect their decisions. Never show dissent! Do not throw tantrums or cricket bats. Such behaviour invites sanctions from club officials.
4. Please keep to the agreed timings for practice and matches: if you cannot play or are going to be late please let your team manager or coaches know as soon as possible.
5. All members must wear the appropriate kit – properly! Cricket whites and suitable trainers or cricket shoes should be worn for matches but tracksuits are permitted for practising.
6. Whenever a hard ball is used (in matches or training), all players under the age of 18 years must wear helmets when batting and when standing up to the stumps when wicket keeping, and boxes should be worn by boys when batting and wicket-keeping.