Chester Gladiators run weekly social Touch Rugby League sessions for males and females aged 14 and over.
Sessions take place on Mondays from 7pm to 8pm across two venues: The Cheshire County Sports Club during the summer (April to September) and Chester RUFC during the winter (October to March).
Touch Rugby League is a fast, skilful and action packed team sport, played in a fun and social atmosphere, without any of the tackling you see in a traditional game of Rugby League.
Sessions cost £3 per week or you can sign up to become a club member for £10 per month.
For more details or if you have any questions please call 07512 355396 or email email@example.com.
TOUCH RUGBY LEAGUE BENEFITS
Mix up the teams
Its never been easier to get your family, friends, partners or even work mates involved in this great team sport which males and females can play together.
There is none of the tackling and contact that you see in the traditional game of Rugby League so there is no risk of getting hurt or injured.
Touch Rugby League is a great way to improve fitness, agility and movement without having to be a member of the gym.
Fun and social atmosphere
It's a great social game, come along with friends or by yourself. Everyone is welcome.
TOUCH RUGBY LEAGUE BASICS
The rules of Touch Rugby League are very simple so it makes it as straightforward as possible for you to join in and play.
If you're new to the game you will be amazed at how easy it is to pick up.
Quick Guide to Touch Rugby League
- The simple aim of Touch Rugby League is to score a try by grounding the ball over the opposition' s try line.
- The basics of the sport are similar to the traditional game in that you pass the ball backwards and have six opportunities to score.
- To stop the other team from scoring you must touch the player with the ball. A legal touch is on any part of the body, clothing or ball and constitutes a tackle.
- After six touches the ball is handed over from the attacking team to the defending team.
- The game consists of two 20 minute halves.
- 5/6 players per team are allowed on the field at any one time and there are unlimited numbers of substitutions.