A status is given to each payment so a club can track where that payment is, in the payment lifecycle.
A breakdown of each status is listed below:
- A payment has been made, you must now wait for the money to clear from the customer's account.
- The payment has been successfully debited from the customer's account.
- It is being held by GoCardless, pending a withdrawal to the club.
- The payment has been paid to the club.
- This takes up to one business day to reach the merchant's bank account.
- The payment could not be debited from a customer's account.
- This is normally due to insufficient funds in the customer's account.
- The payment was cancelled by the club or customer before it was submitted to the bank.
- The payment was refunded to the customers bank account.
- The refunded amount will be recovered from future payments to the club.
- The customer has paid part of the bill amount.
- Usually only applies to manually added payments.
- The customer has an active subscription to your recurring product.
Also note: The club member is the customer and the club is the merchant.