Ratoath RFC are a well established club in South East Meath and have teams from Under 7 through to Under 12 in minis, plus 3/4 youth teams between Under 13 and Under 18.5, and a 1stXV competing in Leinster league Division 3. We have recently invested in significant facilities upgrade (new clubhouse and pitches).
This post is funded by Ratoath RFC and Leinster Rugby and is a minimum of 20 hours per week. Under the guidance of a full time officer of Leinster Rugby, the CCRO will report to the Director of Rugby of Ratoath RFC.
• To continue the development of rugby programs and foster a rugby playing culture in schools in the catchment area of Ratoath RFC.
• To work in partnership with these schools at primary and especially secondary level to develop all aspects of the game, whilst promoting rugby in a positive, safe and healthy manner.
• To further develop the relationship between the schools and Ratoath RFC and help raise awareness of children regarding their local club.
• To actively encourage the participation of secondary schools in the area in schools development cups at Junior and Senior level as well as developing girls rugby in the schools.
Person - Requirements:
The following skills and qualifications are among the criteria that will be taken into consideration:
• Mini, Foundation or higher rugby coaching qualifications.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Ability to work well with people, be enthusiastic and committed, and have good communication skills.
• Ability to facilitate, lead, motivate and inspire young people.
• Good level of organizational and leadership skills.
• Any relevant experience of working with young people in a community environment.
• Access to own transport and full, clean driving licence.
To apply send your CV with covering letter to:
Hon. Sec., Ratoath RFC
Phone: 089 602 1015