2010 sees the celebration of 100 years of cricket at Yapham. Nestling at the foot of the Yorkshire Wolds near Pocklington, Yapham's ground is renowned for its rural setting and great views towards the hills. It has a reputation for being a very friendly and sporting club - and with the great setting it's not unknown for opponents for a Sunday friendly to arrive an hour or two early to have a family picnic lunch at the ground before the game!
The Club was founded in 1910, playing initially on the village green then moving to its current ground at the edge of the village in the 1920s. It was the only club in the area which was able to continue playing throughout the Second World War, entertaining teams from the nearby airfields, and even having a County player appearing for them (though he was from Essex - not Yorkshire! - and stationed nearby). When the local Full Sutton airfield was closed down after the end of the War, the club acquired the decommissioned Officers' Mess, which still forms part of the very characterful clubhouse today!