Immediately prior to the First World War another Barrow team, The Trinity were gaining prominence. Also members of the Loughborough and District League Division 1, they rivalled the stars as top team from the village. Other members of the league at that time were Quorn Havelock, Quorn Emanuel, and no less than four teams from Sileby (Imps, Excelsior, Amateurs and Vics). A referee's match fee in 1913 was 2/6d and football boots 6/- per pair (30p).
Trinity FC had an illustrious spell from 1918 onwards and during an 18 year period picked up a league championship, the league cup, and the Rolleston Cup. The Trinity's glories could not last and 1930 saw the emergence of 'The Gunners' and 'Barrow Athletic', The Old Boys reappearing in 1932. The Old Boys were members of the Leics. Mutual League and for a while were based at Cotes Road, before moving to North Street and joining the Loughborough Alliance.