Woking Hockey Club (WHC) want to make sure all the personal details we hold about you are safe and secure, so we have put together this note to tell all of our junior members how we make sure we just do that and what to do in case you have any questions for us or want to see what information we have. We are, what is known as, a data controller. This means we have control over how your details are used and who we pass them to.
Sometime organisations like ours need to appoint an individual called a “Data Protection Officer” to make sure that we are being very careful with your information. We don’t need to have Data Protection Officer, but we have decided to put together a team of people instead to make sure your details are safe. They can be contacted at email@example.com in case you have any questions.
1. WHAT TYPE OF DETAILS DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We might collect the following personal details about you during before, during or after your time as a member, such as:
● details of how we can contact you, such as your name, email address, where you live and phone number;
● your birthday;
● your gender;
● membership details including when you signed up to be a member and any date you decide to leave us;
● all records of when you contacted us or we contacted you on the phone or by email or when you asked us to do something;
● any bank details belonging to your parent or guardian so that we can receive payments from you and details of any payments you make;
● how you use our website and any passwords, user names and other things that may identify you to us online;
● records that tell us when you were at our events or competitions;
● videos and photos of you;
● records of whether you play at a county/national level;
● details of family members, coaches and other people we might need to contact in case of an emergency;
● records of your rankings, gradings or ratings, including any competition results, what events/matches/games you have attended and how well you are performing on any development programme you are registered to;
● any disciplinary information or details of any issues you have with us or we have with you;
2. SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may also hold and use what is called “special information” such as whether you have any religious beliefs and any information about your health such as any injuries you have/have had or times you may not have been very well and we will only use it if we have a really good reason to do so such as:
● if it is in the interests of the public and we have a lawful reason to use it;
● we need it to help us with a legal case we are involved in;
● certain laws allow us to use it; or
● you have told us you are happy for us to use it.
In the table below we refer to these as the “special reasons”.
3. WHERE DO WE GET THIS INFORMATION FROM?
We will normally collect personal information about you when you create an account on our site at pitchero.com to become a member of WHC, or when you want to talk to us on the phone, by e-mail or in some other way.
4. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
|What do we use your information for?||What type of information do we use||Lawful basis|
|To administer any membership you have with us and managing our relationship with you, including dealing with payments and any support, service or product enquiries made by you.||All contact and membership details, transaction and payment information, records of your interactions with us, and marketing preferences.||This is necessary to enable us to properly manage and administer your membership contract with us.|
|To provide you with merchandise or other services/ products you have ordered from us.||Contact details, transaction and payment information.||This is necessary to enable us to properly administer and perform any contract for the provision of any services and products you have purchased from us.|
|To send you information which we think you might like based on the type of membership account you have with us such as details about ticket sales, competitions and events we are running, offers and discounts and any updates on hockey.||Contact and membership details.||This is necessary to enable us to properly manage and administer your membership contract with us.|
|To send you other information we think you might like or which you have asked us to send to you.||Contact details and marketing preferences.||Only where you have told us you want to receive this type of information. If you are under the age of 13 your parent or guardian must have given their consent to allow us to send you marketing messages.|
|To answer your queries or complaints||Contact details and records of your interactions with us||We have a legitimate interest to provide complaint handling services to you in case there are any issues with your membership.|
|Retention of records||All the personal information we collect.||We have a legitimate interest in retaining records whilst they may be required in relation to complaints or claims. We need to retain records in order to properly administer and manage your membership and run our club and in some cases we may have legal or regulatory obligations to retain records.|
|The security of our IT systems||Your usage of our IT systems and online portals.||We have a legitimate interest to ensure that our IT systems are secure.|
|To conduct data analytics studies to better understand event attendance and trends within the sport||Records of your attendance at any events or competitions hosted by us.||We have a legitimate interest in doing so to ensure that our membership is targeted and relevant.|
|For the purposes of promoting the club, our events and membership packages.||Images in video and/or photographic form.||Where you have given us your explicit consent to do so.|
|To comply with health and safety requirements||Records of attendance, CCTV footage and other information obtained through electronic means such as swipecard and key fob records, medical information about your health.||We have a legal obligation and a legitimate interest to provide you and other members of our club with a safe environment in which to participate in sport.|
|To administer your attendance at any courses or programmes you sign up to||All contact and membership details,||This is necessary to enable us to register you on to and properly manage and administer your attendance on the course and/or programme.|
|To arrange for any trip or transportation to and from an event||Identification documents details of next of kin, family members and emergency contacts, transaction and payment information, health and medical information.||This is necessary to enable us to make the necessary arrangements for the trip and/or transportation to an event.|
|To use information about your physical or mental health (including any injuries) or disability status, to ensure your health and safety and to assess your fitness to participate in any events or activities we host.||Health and medical information||We process special category personal data on the basis of the “special category reasons for processing of your personal data” referred to in section 2 above|
|To gather evidence for possible grievance or disciplinary hearings||All the personal information we collect||We have a legitimate interest in doing so to provide a safe and fair environment for all members and to ensure the effective management of any disciplinary hearings, appeals and adjudications.|
|For the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring||Name, title, date of birth||We have a legitimate interest to promote a sports environment that is inclusive, fair and accessible.|
|To comply with legal obligations, for example, regarding people working with children or vulnerable adults to comply with our safeguarding requirements.||Information about your criminal convictions and offences||For criminal records history we process it on the basis of legal obligations or based on your explicit consent.|
In some cases we might need the information you have given us to make sure we can do what we say we are going to do with your details. Other times, we may not need it, but if we don’t have it, we may not be able to provide you with the best possible service.
If you have told us we can use your information in a certain way, you can tell us to stop using it at any time, by contacting Tracy Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. HOW CAN YOU STOP US FROM MARKETING TO YOU?
Sometimes we may wish to contact you to tell you about things we think you might like. We will only do this if you have told us you are happy to receive these messages and you can tell us to stop at any time by letting us know us at email@example.com
6. WHO ELSE MAY USE YOUR DETAILS?
We may send your details to others to help us run our organisation. These are:
● Anyone you have said you are happy for us to send your details to.
● To any regional or governing body: to help us to improve and keep an eye on developments in the sport.
● Organisations that provide services to us: such as marketing specialists, the people who carry out research for us, computer services and the guys that help to run and maintain our security cameras;
● The Government or our regulators: where the law tells us to do so or to help them with any investigations.
● Police, law enforcement and security services: to help them with any investigation, prevention of crime or matter of national security.
7. ARE YOUR DETAILS SAFE?
We have put in place lots of security measures to make sure your details don’t go missing or get used in a way they shouldn’t be. We have a great team of people working with us who are trained to know how to use your details securely and will only use your details when and how we tell them to.
Did you know that all ‘data controllers’ based in the European Union and the UK like us are subject to laws that make sure that your personal details are safe?
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We collect personal details from you for different reasons and so we might keep it for different lengths of time. For example, we might have to keep it for a long time for legal reasons, but most of the time, we will keep your details for 3 years after you last get in touch with us.
It is important to make sure that the details we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date, so make sure you let us know if anything like your email address or phone number changes. You can do this through our membership portal
9. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Did you know you can ask us to do lots of things with your details? You can ask us:
● to tell you how your details are being used;
● to provide you with a copy of all details we hold on you;
● to correct some of the details we hold if they are not correct or out of date like your contact details for example;
● to delete all of the details we hold on you (unless we have a good reason not to!);
● to stop using your details in a certain way;
● to send your details to you or another organisation like any club you play at for example; and
● Some of the rights may not always apply to the personal details we hold for you as there are sometimes requirements and exemptions attached which means we need to hold on to certain information and other times the rights may not apply at all.
● DON’T FORGET though, if you have told us we can use your information in a certain way and you would like us to stop, you can tell us to stop at any time and you can always tell us to stop sending you marketing messages. More information about these rights can be found online here https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/. If you have any questions or are unhappy about something, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. WHAT HAPPENS IF WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS NOTICE?
Keep an eye out for changes to this notice online. If we make big changes the version date at the bottom of the notice will be updated. Of course where we are required to do so by law, we will ask for your permission before we change the reason for using your details.
11. HOW CAN YOU GET IN TOUCH?
If you have a question or a complaint, you can always get in touch with one of our team.